IT infrastructure is a comprehensive concept. Somewhat simplified, it is a toolbox that informs operating systems and feeds into the running of a business; or the underlying technical platforms and applications on which the operating systems relate. It includes network solutions, server management, storage, security features and various types of support systems, such as email and databases.
IT infrastructure also includes a host of other services and processes such as monitoring and operation, incident and problem management, as well as change, configuration, capacity and continuity management to provide reliable IT services to customers and users.
At Sigma IT Consulting, we have a strong background in IT infrastructure and can therefore offer specialists with both broad and deep expertise ranging from investigation, analysis and advice to design, architecture, engineering, operation and monitoring.
We have specialist competence in the following areas:
- Server platforms: Windows, Linux, Unix, mainframes
- Directory Services AD / LDAP
- Virtualization, Citrix, VMware
- Cloud services
- Router / switches, load balancing, remote access
- IT and network security
- Infrastructure for mobile solutions and wireless networks
- Database and storage solutions
- IT architecture and project management focusing on infrastructure